Dungeons & Dragons, Fantasy, House Rules, Labyrinth Lord, OSR, Random Tables, Random Thursday, RPG, Subclasses
Last week I posted a d12 table of random cleric subclasses for B/X and Labyrinth Lord games. Over the next weeks I’ll be going through all the classes from the core rules and providing a similar table of subclasses – and my eventual goal is a similar list for all the classes in the AEC / 1eAD&D core rules.
And then maybe the 10 new classes from Magical Theorems & Dark Pacts.
Random Dwarf Subclasses (d12)
- Hammer-Brother – Nat 20 with a hammer stuns foe one round
- Troll-Hunter – +1 to hit and damage against ogres & trolls
- Phalanx – +1 AC from shields
- ShieldBreaker – Ignore up to 3 points of enemy AC from armour or shields.
- Deep Sentinel – Double infravision range
- Tunnel Shooter – +1 to hit and damage with crossbows, can wield a crossbow in melee
- Iron-Born – d10 hit die (d12 if using advanced hit dice)
- Rune Binder – Cast 1 cleric spell per day, max spell level = 1/2 class level
- Rune-Bound – Additional +1 on all saves
- Battle Rager – +2 to hit and damage on the first round of combat, -1 penalty to AC at all times
- Focused – +10% to earned XP
- Choose one or make up a new one
Love this series! Keep them coming!
This one is especially excellent. Though when I read “Hammer Brother”, I got the image of a dwarf in a close-fitting helmet with a chin strap lobbing hammer after hammer at some stocky guy with a mustache.
12 could be Longbeard – they get a bump to Wisdom (and Charisma when dealing with other dwarves)
Watch out for #7 – sure at first it seems like everything is going your way, then you get captured by some insane bastard and tortured, your ‘three-inch fool’ cut off and sent to your family… Not fun my friends, not fun
Pingback: Ravenous Role Playing » Blog Archive » Saturday Six: 2013-06-15